2.5kg Boneless Pork Shoulder
2 x Jug of Water (or beer/cider if it takes your fancy!)
3 Tbsp Tex Rub
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 4 – 8 hours
Serves: 8 – 10
1) Pre-heat oven to 150 C fan/130 C gas.
2) Rub Tex Rub all over the Pork Shoulder massaging it in as much as you can
3) Put Pork in a large pot/casserole dish suitable for the oven
4) Pour over water/beer/cider so that meat is submerged.
5) Cover with lid & cook for between 4 – 8 hours until the meat is falling apart (be careful to check on the pot to ensure enough liquid in the pot)
6) Take out of the oven & carefully remove the meat from pot, placing on a separate dish/board to cool slightly – leave the remaining liquid in the pot.
7) Skim the top of the liquid to remove any excess fat.
8) Add a good amount of quality BBQ sauce to the pot, mix & slowly reduce down on a hob until you’ve got a good saucey texture for the pulled pork.
9) While sauce is reducing, carefully remove skin from the pork & shred apart using 2 forks – be extra careful to throw away excess fat from the meat
NOTE: do not “over-pull” the meat, it’s not tuna…
10) Once pork is pulled add it back to the saucey pot & mix thoroughly so that the meat is soaked in the sauce & flavour
11) Add salt, Tex rub & BBQ sauce to taste
White or Brioche rolls, BBQ Pulled Pork & fresh, creamy Coleslaw!