2 x Beef Sirloin or Rump Steaks
2 x Tbsp Tex Rub
Good olive oil
2 x bell peppers
2 x medium red or brown onions
Prep: 20 minutes (plus marinating time)
Cook: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
1. Slice beef into ½ inch strips
2. Add to a bowl & season liberally with olive oil, salt & Tex rub – leave to marinate for at least 30 mins (over night for best results)
3. Ensure beef is room temperature before cooking
4. On a medium-high heat, add beef to non-stick frying pan and stir-fry for 1½ minutes, or until lightly browned but not quite cooked through.
5. Tip onto a plate, set aside and return the pan to the heat
6. In the same pan, add a splash more of olive oil if required, allow pan to get hot and cook the onions and peppers for 5-6 minutes, until soft and slightly browning.
7. Add salt and Tex rub to peppers before adding in the sliced beef & toss together
10. Heat your tortilla wraps – we suggest doing this on the hob in a pan, but the microwave works fine too.
11. Build your fajitas and serve with your favourite Tex-Mex toppings!
Guacamole, jalapenos and a drizzle of sour cream