3 x large sweet potatoes
400g x can of chickpeas
1 x Tbsp Tex or Mex rub
2 x large avocados
Juice of 1 lime
1 x minced garlic clove
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 50 min
Serves: 3 people
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 C
2. Wash the sweet potatoes and make a small slice, lengthwise on each sweet potato. Place on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes
3. While the potatoes are baking, drain and wash the chickpeas and generously rub with your seasoning of choice (Tex or Mex) and salt to taste.
4. Roast chickpeas in oven for 20 minutes, until crispy
5. While your food is in the oven, make a simple guacamole by mashing the avocados and adding in the juice of 1 lime, 1 minced garlic clove and a pinch of chilli flakes, salt and pepper
6. When the chickpeas and sweet potatoes are finished in the oven, load the chickpeas into the sweet potatoes and serve with a large dollop of guacamole and a drizzle of sour cream or tahini and fresh coriander.
We like our loaded sweet potatoes with guac, but other fresh options, like a fresh Pico de Gallo salsa or a quick slaw work really well too.