2 x Boneless Chicken Breast (preferably free range & from a local butcher)
1 x minced garlic clove
2 x tsp Tex or Mex rub
1 x Tbsp Olive Oil
Juice of ½ a lime
Salt & Pepper to taste
Prep: 10 mins (plus marinating time)
Cook: 30 mins
1) Add all marinade ingredients to a mixing bowl & stir well to combine into a smooth red paste
2) Place chicken breast in mixing bowl & massage meat so that there is an even coat of marinade all over
3) Leave to marinate for at least 30 mins (overnight for best results)
4) Pre-heat oven to 180 C fan
5) Place on roasting tray or dish & loosely cover in tin-foil (this will keep the moisture in)
6) After 20 mins in oven, remove the tin-foil so meat begins to crisp slightly
7) Place in oven for a further 10 mins.
8) Slice chicken on chopping board & cover in juices from the roasting tray/dish – serve.
Fry down some Peppers & Onions for the perfect Chicken Fajitas with some tortilla wraps, Cheese, a fresh Pico De Gallo & Guacamole!