300g x fresh prawns (preferably from local fishmongers)
2 x Tbsp good olive oil
1 x Tbsp Mex rub
Juice of half a lime
Salt to taste
Soft shell tacos
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4 people
1. In a bowl, mix together olive oil, Mex rub, the juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt to make a marinade.
2. Add the prawns to the mixture, stirring well so fully coated, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes
3. When ready to cook, place a pan on high heat and add the prawns and marinade, for approximately 3 minutes, or once the prawns are no longer translucent but a nice pink colour.
4. While the prawns are cooking, heat a pan and toast the taco tortillas to your liking.
5. Serve with your favourite taco toppings
We like our prawn tacos with a quick guacamole, jalapeños, crispy lettuce & crushed tortilla chips (nacho crunch)