2 x 400g can of Jackfruit
1 x red onion
2 x bell peppers
Tex Rub to taste
Salt to taste
Squeeze of lime
Good olive oil
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius
2. Rinse jackfruit well under cold water
3. Chop the jackfruit into smaller pieces, then squeeze with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Add your jackfruit to a large mixing bowl
4. Slice red onion and bell peppers and add to your jackfruit.
5. Season your mix with olive oil, salt to taste and Tex Rub. Mix well.
6. Spread your jackfruit mixture evenly across an oven tray and roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, until your jackfruit has a nice golden colour.
7. Remove from the oven and adding a squeeze of lime to taste and extra seasoning if required.
We like our pulled jackfruit in a rice bowl or as a filling in tacos.